Halloween is a great time of year to use your Toby Wagon. Whether picking pumpkins or trick or treating your wagon is essential for hauling the little ones and their goodies around on the night. Here is our list of 5 things to do before the big day.
1. Pick your own pumpkin - Originally a carved turnip, pumpkins are now the vegetable of choice when it comes to carving your Jack O' Lantern.You can pick your own at Kennedy's Pumpkin Patch in Meath.
2. Galway hosts what it claims to be the country’s biggest Halloween Festival on October 24th-25th and 31st. Be there for the spectacular Macnas parade, “The Shadow Lighter”, starting at 5.30pm on October 25th. All are invited to dress in costume so its sure to be a good night.
3. Kenmare, not to be outdone, is also hosting it's full Halloween festival from 27th Oct - 4th Nov. Check hier for full details.
4. What would Halloween be like without a ghost train. On the 24th for one day only, the Waterford and Suir Valley Railway will run a ghost train every 45 minutes from Kilmeadan.
5. Halloween would not be Halloween without Dracula and Dublin is the home of Dracula. The Bram Stoker Festival is one of the family-friendly events this October 23rd-26th in celebration of the Dublin-born writer who created Dracula.
Halloween is a traditional Irish festival but it's gained huge popularity in the US and spreading closer to home taking hold in UK and Germany and our wagons are becoming an essential part of family outings.
Check our next blog with great ideas for dressing up your Toby Wagon.